• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC Cuba not doing very well

Bit of an odd situation, I'm starting a carpet in a temporary tank (been trying to get a Fluval Spec V for a month... I've ordered 4 and all have arrived damaged in some way).

I bought a shedload of HC Cuba. It remained unseparated and temporarily floated at the top of my main tank for a week (due to the Spec V delays), excellent lighting, CO2 supplemented to 20mg/L and TNC complete dosed. All other plants in the tank are doing really well. But it rapidly started turning sort of yellowy-green.

I then separated it out and planted it properly in another temporary tank under strong light thinking maybe it was the fact that it was free-floating that was the problem. No CO2 available for this tank, but SeaChem Fluorish Excel and TNC complete dosed. It's now just continuing to die off. Any ideas?

IMG_20210516_231414.jpg

Hi all,

Plant it in a tray of wet compost (so basically the <"dry start method">). It is fine as <"an emergent plant">, it just doesn't enjoy life underwater, away from high CO2.

From<"Andys HC propagator step by step">.

cheers Darrel

Ah neat, thank you, might try that - do you happen to know if this would work for Eleocharis parvula too? I'm tempted to change to that as I prefer the look, but I'm pretty sure I tried to grow it a while back and a similar thing happened.

Back