• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heater recommendations

mugsy

Hi folks.
Can you recommend a heater for 60cm,30cm,30cm tank. The smaller the better to keep it as discreet as possible.
Reviewing some online and look good but then the reviews frighten the life out of ya.😳
Ta

I like the Aquael Ultra heaters, IF I need one at all. What species of fish are you planning to keep?

I always recommend using an in-line heater when possible.

If nothing is available in your area, sounds like a great opportunity to make your own. Look up "cable glands" and you'll understand how to waterproof your inline heater.

I like the Aquael Ultra heaters, IF I need one at all. What species of fish are you planning to keep?
Some tetras and shrimp. Maybe couple of sparkling gourami. i would like it to be as small as possiple so its easy to hide. Il check the Aquael out. Thanks👍👍👍

I always recommend using an in-line heater when possible.

If nothing is available in your area, sounds like a great opportunity to make your own. Look up "cable glands" and you'll understand how to waterproof your inline heater.
I wasnt aware there was such a thing as in-line heaters.i will look into it. Thank u👍👍👍

We have a similar sized tank and find a 100W more than enough.

We did try a Hydor 200w inline heater, though really twice the size needed for a tank your size. You need to get the right model as some have 12mm fittings, some 16mm.
It worked ok, but for us in a small room , as it was switched on and off by a mechanical relay we found it very annoying as it really echoed in its plastic case and switched quiet often due to its oversized element.

Aquael do a similar inline heater but 300w seem to be the smallest size, so the problem would be worse unless they use an electronic switch instead of a noisy relay ?

There are quiet a few Ytubes on making your own inline heater using a standard in tank heater.

I'm currently using a Fluval M50 in my 45L setup and I'm reasonably happy with it. The mirrored surface sounds like a gimmick, but actually I do find it helps the heater stay not obviously visible and it is fully submersible. You might want a bigger one for your larger tank. For me it struck a good balance between price and quality.

I did buy a heater but its one of those preset to 26° but cant be changed. Im thinking of keeping temp slightly lower to help deter algae. Maybe couple degrees lower. Il keep that one to heat water for water changes.
Was looking at the aqueal ultra heaters. Look pretty smart and not to big. Good reviews too.

Back