heating small aqurium

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by danmil3s, 14 Mar 2010.

1. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

hi guys i want to set up a small aquarium i have in my kitchen its about 5l. the problem is it gets colds in there at night all the nano heaters do is raise the water temp by 2 or 3 degrees c i really don't want a full size heater in there as the tanks so small any ideas. i only want to put shrimp in it so maybe there is a shrimp that likes cold hard water

2. Gill

Gill Member

Cherry Shrimp would be perfect, and they do not mind hard water, No need for heating

3. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

i did think about cherry shrimp but id like one or to species of shrimp and i have some cherry's in another tank

4. bumcrumb

bumcrumb Member

hi
    i have a newattino plus 10w heater and i must say its not very good at all for my 10l.
    it claims to be able to heat up to 25l aquariums but at the min mine can only reach 22 on a good day.
    looking at the Aqua El NeoHeater but not sure yet.
    good luck anyways :thumbup:

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

6. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

thanks Steve i did see that post i tried the Newattino Plus but wasnt man enough.. have given up on the idea now and have put my frogs in there they seem to like the kitchen. thanks guys