• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello all the way from South Africa

Lord Vader

Hi

I randomly stumbled across this forum whilst on search re info on CO2, Nutrients and Lighting, as I'm dealing with a slight algae battle at the moment. Anyway, thought I'd sign up based on the volume of expert information I see on display here. I, however, am very far from being called an expert.

Summary of me (wrt the hobby): I am more into plants and aquascapes than fish...the fish I do have is purely just to keep the wife happy. Love Dutch style setups. Somewhat impatient at times. Like to keep things simple. I'm not a pro at all; actually more close to noob level. Hope to learn a few more things from this forum. Been on and off in the hobby; initially started out in the mid-2000s, then got rid of everything as it took over my life. About 3yrs ago, a friend insisted to give me her spare 1.2m tank, and despite my resistance, she just rocked up at my house with the tank loaded on a mini truck. Needless to say, the rest is history.

I have 2 tanks, and current details are below. I'm planning to upgrade my lightning to the Pro versions, especially in my 1.2m tank.

1.2m Tank (270l)

Substrate:

• 1 x ADA Power Sand Advance (6L bag)
  • 1 x ADA Bacter 100
  • 1 x ADA Clear Super
  • 1 x ADA Tourmaline BC
  • 1 x Lava Rock (approx 7L bag)
  • 5 x Langa Aquarium Soil (8L bags)
Filtration - Dophin C1600 Cannister Filter
Lights - 1 x 1.2m Chihiros WRGB II Slim including shades (6 - 8hrs max photoperiod)
Heater - 150w
CO2 - 5kg bottle with approx 3 - 4 bps
Nutrients - APT Complete (dosing slightly more that the bottle's recommendations per day due to plant mass, and doing a 50% water change once per week)
Livestock - 1 x Betta, 1 x Giant Danio, 3 x Khuli Loach, 2 x Emperor Tetra, 1 x Daisy Rice fish

Pic of it in 2022 (definitely doesn't look like this atm; will post a decent pic once it's back to where I want it to look)

20220919_134822.jpg

110l Tank

Substrate
- Lava rock base, capped with ADA Clear Super, capped with 2 x 9l ADA Amazonia Aquasoil
Heater - 150w
Lights - 2 x Chihiros WRGB Slim II including shades (6hrs photoperiod)
CO2 - 5kg bottle with approx 3 - 4 bps
Nutrients - APT Complete (dosing daily according to the bottle, and doing a 50% water change once per week)
Filter - Seachem Tidal 75
Livestock - None

Pic of it in 2022 (definitely doesn't look like this atm; will post a decent pic once it's back to where I want it to look)

20220928_093913.jpg

20221207_183907.jpg

Back