• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello designers šŸ˜

Iā€™ve dabbled in quite a few different aquarium communities and platforms and none have compared to UKAPS. I think the most comparable is Instagram which has hundreds of amazing lovely people on it, but ultimately there is this constant feeling of obligation to make so much content to post daily, spend hours scrolling and commenting on everyoneā€™s stuff (just compliments though not actual discussion), this pressure to become influential which in the end adds nothing at all to my enjoyment of aquariums. Actually it makes me enjoy it all less and I had to stop so I didnā€™t ruin the hobby for myself!

With UKAPS I donā€™t get that pressure at all, itā€™s really fun to post, itā€™s not too much effort, I can post nice pics and just chat. For me this is what the Internet is supposed to be about - brilliant niche communities having fun, being creative without a hierarchy.

Last edited:
With UKAPS I donā€™t get that pressure at all, itā€™s really fun to post, itā€™s not too much effort, I can post nice pics and just chat. For me this is what the Internet is supposed to be about - brilliant niche communities having fun, being creative without a hierarchy.

Well said, no comment needed.šŸ‘šŸ˜ƒ

Iā€™ve dabbled in quite a few different aquarium communities and platforms and none have compared to UKAPS. I think the most comparable is Instagram which has hundreds of amazing lovely people on it, but ultimately there is this constant feeling of obligation to make so much content to post daily, spend hours scrolling and commenting on everyoneā€™s stuff (just compliments though not actual discussion), this pressure to become influential which in the end adds nothing at all to my enjoyment of aquariums. Actually it makes me enjoy it all less and I had to stop so I didnā€™t ruin the hobby for myself!

That is it @shangman I always mention the signal to noise ratio which is very good here on UKAPS. That would be hard to sustain if the forum would be 10 times bigger. I've dabbled a bit on other forums to quickly learn how terrible the experience can be when you have to weed through tidal waves of mindless posts from argumentative self promoters to find that bit of info from someone who actually knows what she or he is talking about.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
into my world šŸ˜‚ Upside down is normal........
That cant be ... if you would be in Australia I would believe you :lol:

...speaking of normal, I'm off the get dress up for a halloween party. I am going as Darth Elvis!

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
That is it @shangman I always mention the signal to noise ratio which is very good here on UKAPS. That would be hard to sustain if the forum would be 10 times bigger. I've dabbled a bit on other forums to quickly learn how terrible the experience can be when you have to weed through tidal waves of mindless posts from argumentative self promoters to find that bit of info from someone who actually knows what she or he is talking about.

Cheers,
Michael
That's the difference, quality or quantity šŸ˜

That cant be ... if you would be in Australia I would believe you :lol:

...speaking of normal, I'm off the get dress up for a halloween party. I am going as Darth Elvis!

Cheers,
Michael
šŸ¤”from my point of view..... Australia is normal šŸ˜‚

Back