• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello everybody

Dj-damo

Seedling
Hi All

Not so new to the hobby, have been keeping fish for 2 years and planted tank i set up about 6 months ago when i moved. it has been an uphill battle trying to get all my plants to survive but i now think i have cracked it.!! i hope so anyway as i am now on my 4th round of plants. i have a 200 litre Aquarium with a mixed variety of plants ( just a bargain surplus from plants alive) and some HC. I have co2 injection, EI dosing, i have also just set up a cherry shrimp breeding tank!!

I started the EI dosing a week ago but the improvement on what plants i had left was amazing. i even had new shoots sprout out from under the substrate!!

The fish seem much happier now they have some more plants!

Stocking wise i have 18 neon tetras, 18 harlequin rasboras, 7 japonica shrimp 4 golden algea eaters. and in my new cherry shrimp set up (38 litres) i have.......11 cherry shrimp!

So heres hoping i have finally cracked it! if so i may be off to get a 3rd tank! (if im allowed that is!!)

This is my main tank before the rescape. such a sorry state!

photo3tzb.th.jpg
photo2hp.th.jpg
photo1dub.th.jpg

Tank after rescape yesterday

img2761cb.th.jpg
img2760fi.th.jpg
img2757v.th.jpg
img2756vj.th.jpg
img2753o.th.jpg
img2759u.th.jpg
img2758n.th.jpg
img2751f.th.jpg

Newly set up Shrimp Tank

img2767t.th.jpg
img2766d.th.jpg
img2765x.th.jpg

and last but not least i have to show off my woofit, he is a 3 and a half year old collie cross spaniel called Kairen

Any way thats me guys! hopefully either i can be of some help or i may need some help!

Welcome Damien.
Pleased things are on the up for you and your plants :thumbup:
This site is great and has taught me loads as a novice to plant growing almost a year ago.
As you said you may be able to help some and get help when you need it yourself.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back