• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Croydon

MossMan

Hi Everyone,

I have been keeping CPDs in a 50ltr planted tank for a little over a year.......
IMG_5857_zps8dlzh4es.jpg

And have been loving it. I got myself an aqua nano too....
IMG_5860_zpsd6omxerx.jpg
Managed to only breed two CPDs though so far.....but hoping to breed more.

But now....lol....I have gone and got myself a new 250ltr tank.

I've moved the above two to the dining room and positioned the new tank in place.
IMG_6059_zpsgca89kp4.jpg

I managed to get the tank, the lights, the filter and heater all second hand on a very good deal from Charterhouse aquatics.

I've been reading the forum with real interest and trying to soak up as much info as possible.

Great site, the more I read the more I want to read. Heads in a spin with all the fantastic tanks you lot have and what to do now that I am starting with a blank canvas. And a big blank canvas too compared to my smaller tanks!

Best wishes
Richard

Thanks Guys, a nice welcome! I am still in a tiz. Every time I think I have made my mind up on what to do, I change my mind because I fall in love with another bit of tank eye candy I find on this forum! :)

Here is an update of my current 50ltr, which since moving to the dining room, I find myself sitting in far more than ever.

IMG_6298_zpsxzdbekg2.jpg

And here is a current shot of my lounge new tank. as you can see. Progress is slow!

Proxima%20plus_zpsibpp2pkg.jpg

I'll start a journal once I have something other than it took me two weeks to choose a piece of wood, and a week to position it how I like it best, and a week to decide I am not sure anymore! haha.

I am thinking the wood may get in the way of the plants - I know its a personal choice thing. grrr. haha. I am enjoying procrastinating!

Thanks chaps!

Kind Regards
Richard

Hi MossMan Iv'e recently set up an Aqua One 40 cube now three weeks into cycling. Looking to be keeping shrimps but have noticed that on your Aqua One you haven't put anything over the grill, don't any of the young tiny shrimp get sucked into the filter? Or have you tried to block it off and found it slowed down the flow too much. Great looking tank by the way.

Hi Mike

Hi MossMan Iv'e recently set up an Aqua One 40 cube now three weeks into cycling. Looking to be keeping shrimps but have noticed that on your Aqua One you haven't put anything over the grill, don't any of the young tiny shrimp get sucked into the filter? Or have you tried to block it off and found it slowed down the flow too much. Great looking tank by the way.

I've tried a bit of both, the pump broke and I replaced it unknowingly with an even stronger pump - so have gone through a few scenarios to try and calm the flow. One was to not even use it, but instead rely on a separate air filter with sponges. I then discovered the heater (since its trapped in its own secotion) flow wasn't heating the actual tank, so not using the filter isn't an option unless the heater is moved to the main tank - something I didn't really want to do.

Currently I've got two sponges (the ones from the air filter) sat behind the grates. I don't think shrimp mind too much, but the smaller tank is for raising cpd fry - and by reducing flow these little fella struggle less. Not that I have had a lot of joy with the cpd breeding programme yet! Lol.

Enjoy your new 40 cube! This hobby is addictive!

Rich

Back