• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from France

avpfre

Hello guys! My name's Adrian and I've recently rejoined the hobby after putting it on pause for nearly 15 years. The first tank I'd set up was a kind of an emergency tank in order to adopt a shubunkin that was kept in bad conditions. After that I was once again slowly absorbed into the hobby. Here's the first tank:
1683797258439.jpeg
54L basically a plant bank where I experiment stuff

Yesterday I've decided to start a smaller project but that would look way nicer. It is a 20L which I'm trying to scape seriously and currently experimenting with a dry start. Unfortunately the filtration will be internal because the tank has a back compartiment for that, so I might as well use the space with an upgraded pump (I will use a 540L/h instead of the custom 300L/h). I will add CO2 and the plants that I currently have are the following:

Cryptocoryne Pontederifolia
Anubias nana
Bucephalandra
Lobelia cardinals mini
Hygrophila pinnatifida
fissidens fontanus (the mosses have been put through a blender and are not yet visible)
christmas moss
microsorum pteropus trident
heteranthera zosterifolia
eleocharis acicularis mini

After the tank flood, I'm planning to add some floaters, a few cabomba, some ludwigia red and maybe some valisineria. For this tank I've used Aquabasis Plus from JBL and regular gravel and sand to top it. As hardscape I've got some lava rocks and I'm not sure about the type of wood. The light I'm using is a LICAH AQUA that kinda covers both of my aquariums, I keep it on 25% because full power is around 7000 lumens I think (it was bought from aliexpress and I bought it second hand for a very good deal).

IMG_20230510_163024.jpg IMG_20230510_163039.jpg IMG_20230510_180849.jpg IMG_20230510_205522.jpg IMG_20230510_205546.jpg IMG_20230510_205555.jpg

If you have any advice or comments, everything is more than welcome. Good to find everybody!

Thank you!
It is indeed, especially in the hobby, how do you guys deal with waiting for the things to get going (cycling, dry starts, plants to grow, etc.)?😂

Thank you!
It is indeed, especially in the hobby, how do you guys deal with waiting for the things to get going (cycling, dry starts, plants to grow, etc.)?😂
Read @Hufsa journal and you will find out! :eek::twisted:

Is it the one called Consistency Deficiency?
Yes it is, or have a look at my "What are these?" then you see what struggle is 😅😅

Back