• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from James from Sussex

James R

Seedling
Hello there, new to the forum so thought it would be rude not to say hi

Kept fish a few years ago, but recently stumbled across some aquascaping pictures and thought I would give it another go.

So bought a little Fluval spec to start with, but didnt really like it and found the design flawed, so sold that and bought a aqua one xpression 21, still a small tank but aesthetically pleaseing with black background and filter etc hidden away.

Found this a great starter tank, the current set up has 4 white cloud minnows, 3 cardinals and 4 cardinal shrimp

c76be8dd434490ee5b800b0292869c0f.jpg

I then bought a superfish panorama 60 (60 litre), I have 9 tiger barbs in it. But I hate this tank, it has horrible blue and white lighting which gives a unpleasant light compared to the xpression, I also dislike the curved glass whch distorts the view.

So for christmas the girlfriend has bought me a aquael brillux 72 tank, meant to have great lighting and be good for planted set ups, I will not be using the internal pump as have a fluval 106 coming and a fluval m100 reflective heater.

I will be taking the barbs back to girlfriends pet shop, and transferring cardinals and minnows to the brillux when set up (also will be making them up to seven of each when transferring)

Then will just keep shrimp in the xpression and be using a biochemical sponge set up

Thats about it I think ...roll on christmas!

Another Sussex James

New on here too but welcome. Nice shrimp

Back