• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Leeds!

lurch1000

Hi,

I have a Rio 240 that's coming along nicely with the plants. I've gone South American with the fish and the plants, and shall post a photo soon.

Next step for me will be CO2 injection, which I need to sort out pretty soon!

Cheers!

Hello Leeds :) Welcome and lets have a look at this coming along nicely tank please.

Welcome to the forum lurch.

This is my tank. Have a touch of the GSA at the moment. I'll try getting a better photo later when I can turn the lounge lights off. There's also some bits of BBA on the wood, but I'm not overly concerned about that at the moment.

I'll open a thread showing this tank from the build through to now. This photo is today as it is. I've been away for a couple of days and the Myriophyllum mattongrossene appears to have gone absolutely bananas in my absence. Not sure what the Myriophyllum aquaticum thinks it's up to, although I may move it somewhere else, not sure where as yet.

The intended idea with the tank was to create a South American theme, and to provide comfort for my main focus - Corydoras. There are 36 in there at the minute - Corydoras aeneus, pandas, loxozonus (C082) and trilineatus. Plenty of cover and plants to forage around was a must when I upgraded to this from my 96l tank. I'm looking to get some Apsidoras (C118) and possibly another species of Corydoras in there.

There will be a lot of pruning and tidying this weekend, I just added some new fish so I'm not going to upset them by diving in straight away. The latest additions of special note are Acestridium dichromum, and I'm rather pleased with them!

The tank is currently filtered by an APS1400 and an XP4, there are two spray bars nearly the length of the tank that fire forwards so the water hits the front glass, gets pushed down and back across the substrate. There is a Hydor Pica 650lph power head you can see on the picture that punches flow across the centre underneath the spray bars to provide additional circulation and allows some plant movement.

Next on my list is a CO2 system with in-line diffusion, I am looking at a couple of second hand systems at the moment, but not sure which one I will go for. One is everything but the reg for about £25 with an UP in-line, and the other has a reg, but no in-line, and is £75. As the in-line diffusers are £25-£30 anyway, it's down to which reg/solenoid I can get for what price. I've seen the CO2 Supermarket one which is a good price at £48, but is it a reg that will do the job? Not much about in the way of used CO2 systems really. Well, not going by eBay anyway.

IMG-20130221-00996.jpg

Must start that journal. All photos done by photo bucket etc on here?

Oddly enough, plants took off when I had to abandon ferts for 3 weeks or so!

There's a new feature on this board where you can upload straight from your computer without 3rd parts applications. Just click the little picture of a tree above ^ :cool: :thumbup:

Back