• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from London!

OutOfFocus

Hello,

My name's Alex and I'm a relatively new fishkeeper, got into the hobby around March last year, and found myself lurking this forum rather quickly. The level of knowledge and respectful atmosphere kept me coming back but I couldn't quite work up the courage to register until now. What changed? Well, I saw Shangman's thread advertising the "Roots and Shoots Makes a Splash!" event in London and figured it would be a fun day out! I'm really glad I went; I learned a lot from the talks, saw some beautiful tanks, and talked to some friendly people about aquariums. Some of those people were from this site and recommended I register, so here I am! If you saw a messy haired blonde wandering about that was me. :D

My own knowledge is rather limited and my current tank is kind of "finished" so I don't have too much to post about right now but I'm hoping to set up a second tank soon and will likely ask for advice when I get working on that.

Thanks for having me~

Hello,

My name's Alex and I'm a relatively new fishkeeper, got into the hobby around March last year, and found myself lurking this forum rather quickly. The level of knowledge and respectful atmosphere kept me coming back but I couldn't quite work up the courage to register until now. What changed? Well, I saw Shangman's thread advertising the "Roots and Shoots Makes a Splash!" event in London and figured it would be a fun day out! I'm really glad I went; I learned a lot from the talks, saw some beautiful tanks, and talked to some friendly people about aquariums. Some of those people were from this site and recommended I register, so here I am! If you saw a messy haired blonde wandering about that was me. :D

My own knowledge is rather limited and my current tank is kind of "finished" so I don't have too much to post about right now but I'm hoping to set up a second tank soon and will likely ask for advice when I get working on that.

Thanks for having me~
Welcome to UKAPS, Alex!

Thanks so much for coming yesterday and I'm glad you had a good time and got pointed in this direction.

I wish I got more time to meet people but was running around all day! It's great to have more Londoners to chat to!

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to UKAPS, Alex!

Thanks so much for coming yesterday and I'm glad you had a good time and got pointed in this direction.

I wish I got more time to meet people but was running around all day! It's great to have more Londoners to chat to!
Thank you for the event, it was great! Hopefully there'll be more chances, I'd love to get to know more Londoners too!

It was great to meet you Alex, get those grindals going haha!
Haha, for sure! Was good to meet you too, I really enjoyed listening to you talk about your Apistos and learning about raising worms!

Yay! So pleased you visited and enjoyed yourself yesterday, and that you’ve come to our second home today. Looking forward to seeing your second tank set up ☺️

Back