• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Manchester

Trebor127

Apologies, I have been posting in various sections of the forum but have not actually introduced myself!

My name is Rob and live in South Manchester. I have had an aquarium for a few years now and purchased an open top tank to try out a planted tank a few months ago. I have just got around to start purchasing various items for it including a new stand (fluval roma 200 in oak) and some ADA Aqua soil.

I have been popping into Abyss in Stockport recently and I love the shop. It's a shame that they don't have much of a plant section though - just the usual. Guess I will be ordering most of my plants online.

Here is a thread I recently started about my set up... http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/new-set-up.35969/

Looking forward to getting set up and starting a journal.

Rob

welcome, good to see another greater mancunian joining the forum, i'm in the bury area amd often get down to the abyss

Cool, it is a great shop IMO.

Just had a look at the tank which I'm planning to use. Looks like I'm going to have to Re seal the inside as the silicone has started to peel and looks a bit of a mess. Guess it must be the cold or something as it wasn't like that when I out it in there...

Maybe take apart, clean and redo. You don't want a leak after you set it up all:(
Going to peel internal silicone off and will inspect joints carefully before I take it apart. Will water test after new silicone for a week to make sure

Unless somebody would be willing to help me take it to pieces for some beer tokens...

Last edited:
Bad silicone on the "outside" warns of bad silicone on the inside, it can show after a few months......just warning:eek:. Ofcourse a tank in a tankroom/shed can do less damage than a tank in a carpeted living room:cool:
Hmm, I feel confident doing the internal silicone but I don't feel to confident taking it to pieces.

Would anyone be willing to help take to pieces and reasemble for a few beer tokens?

Of course all materials will be provided...

Rob

Back