• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Northern Ireland

Mic

Hello all my name is Mike and I have had my planted tank for five years now.
It is a juwel vision 450 which has been through numerous rescapes but now
I have settled a tank full of Java ferns and crypts, slow growing plants that don't
need a lot of trimming as I am at a busy stage in my life at the moment. But anyway
I just thought I join up and be among a great community. Any questions just ask.

Hello Dougstar. I will post some pics as soon I work out how LOL.
I'm a bit new to the social media thing. I am going to go through a few
tutorials.

Hopefully this will work

FtJL2K.jpg

Last edited:
At last. Not the best photo it was taken on my ipad. The tank is alright not
as good as some if not most members tanks.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's pretty low maintenance. Although I could be going bigger next year.

Well the space it sits in between the chimney breast and the wall is about 7ft 4 inches
the tank is 5ft so I am thinking of a 6 ft 6 inch or 7 ft replacement. At the moment I am
running all the equipment on this tank which would run a bigger tank anyway. I am
running two eheim 2080s, various power heads and a co2system at end each ends
of the tank and a load of ADA stuff. Lighting wise I am running 5 Arcadia 54w led light
strips but a koi and ponds shop close to me has expanded intomarine and tropical fish
and they are stocking kessil lights so i might go for 4 a360 tuna sun spotlights. I will post
more pics when I get home from work.

Hmmmmmm Kessil droool, I want a160we tuna sun. Or I've done some surfing been looking at the tmc grobeams 1500. The price up about the same. Yes keep us posted

For me the kessils and the optional gooseneck brackets would eliminate the need to
move the light strips every time I was working on the tank. I would then fabricate a cover
to incorporate the lights out of aluminium in work. Plus I would go with the bigger a360's
because if I get a bigger tank everything else is paid for.

It would be the ultimate for me but at £300 a pop just out of my reach :(. Tmc mounting system is not as good looking as kessil.

The only reason I am even looking at them is we are to get really busy
at work. It will a be case of working long hours and studying which is
all I seem to do at the minute. So the kessils will be a treat to myself.

Hey do it mike why the hell not . I'm undecided only because whichever make I choose ill get no after sales support. But in A perfect world I'd go the kessil :lol:

Some more pics.

z9xaG6.jpg

WK3FAu.jpg

TZMv7m.jpg

evQ5fW.jpg
RiNNsy.jpg

3zQc7L.jpg

Not many pics only really have a ipad or gopro. Maybe get a half decent camera later on in the year.
Dougstar no after sales how come.

I live in South Africa and companies will not honour any thing thats imported. My local Kessil distributor are not going to be getting the tuna sun range, product is not selling here and we will not fix your imports:mad:

That's a raw deal. Then it comes down researching which is the most reliable. TMC grow beams
are popular as well so there should be loads of feedback.

You talking yourself into the kessils. You might end up getting them before I will. LOL.

Back