• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from one of the Colonies!

Uslanja

Hi All! Just joined from Canada. My "Great Grandfather" was from the UK............ does that help?

(My name is Dave and I enjoy this hobby with my wife Tracy. Tracy's ancestry is Irish, but I have learned to live with that......... most days!)

Tracy and I have spent many years with marine/reef aquariums and became victims of our own success. Our corals multiplied, grew and were fragged many times. So........ another grow out tank, then another, and another and so on. We started shipping frags and corals at our own expence to anyone that showed an interest. We just did not have it in us to kill anything from our tanks so we spared no effort to rehome our animals. We even arrived at producing our own foods for the corals. Feeding and maintenance became a full time evening job seven days per week. With alternate light cycles between main tanks and refugiums a person could get a tan under one of the numerous halides anytime of day.

One evening while tending our tanks we thought we heard the whiny of a horse. We live in the country and horses are certainly common here........but at night? Fearing a neighbor had a breached corral, we looked out our curtained front window only to discover that we were surrounded by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police! After exiting our home backwards with hands held high the "Mounties" became satisfied that all of our electrical usage was for aquariums and nothing more!

(Well............ now everyone knows that I have a sense of humour............Tracy will disagree with me about that. I must say that there is nothing more beautiful in my eyes than an Irish Lass!)

We actually retired from marine tanks because of the amount of work and expence. But we have the disease, so eventualy we picked up a 5 gallon tank just to keep a Betta in......... and here we go again! We are looking forward to meeting everyone on the forums and learning the freshwater game!

Dave & Tracy

Back