• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from sunny shropshire

GeorgeW

Seedling
Hi, Names George, 25 and just starting my second scape. My first was an old 4ft tank, but upgraded to an ADA 60p, with Arcadia Stretch lighting. More to follow on that!

George

I got around to making a start last night, adding the frosted background (with no bubbles - yey!) adding the stones - I am using san shui, and added substrate and sand (aquasoil, super powersand, and la plata large and small) and filled with water. I need to tidy up my cupboard to fit extra timer mods for the lighting (I am going to do the mod to have the moonlight lighting on a different timer)
http://[URL=http://s924.photobucket.com/user/Georgemwilliamson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]99273[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]99273[/ATTACH]
and here is the first try at one
[ATTACH=full]99274[/ATTACH]

George

Attachments

• image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    image_zpsnfebd3nr.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    Tank_zpslqprzfmb.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Thanks guys, have got plants on order, listed below:
Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba',
Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping',
Marsilea crenata,
Eleocharis Aacicularis,
Hydrocotyle tripartita,
Pogostemon erectus,
Pogostemon Stellata,

I also took delivery of my online heater - never knew these existed before joining the forum, so it's already paying off! (Not literally, my bank is taking a hit)

Thanks hoggie. So I planted the tank a few weeks ago and went for the dry start method, and the h. Cuba is starting to spread well, I gave it a light trim off the tops last week and it's going great. The weeping moss doesn't look much different, the eleocharis has had two cuts to keep it down, and only issue is the small bit on the far right is browning - any idea on this? The pogostemon is an odd one as one type has died on both sides of the tank, and the other type is growing well - I'm planning to re plant the dead type when I flood the tank, must just not like being out of water?

I have been slowly peeling the corner of the cling film back a bit each other day which I read some where, how far would I take this? Do I keep going until it's all off or just leave a small gap in the corner until the end?

Back