• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Surrey

Chris 2020

C9E7390C-144B-4B06-A480-15B256E50B63.jpeg
Hello,

I’m chris from Surrey, just getting back into the aquarium hobby after a break for about 15 years!

I’ve got a 57L Fluval Flex, which sits perfectly on my kitchen worktop, which is much more interesting than the microwave which was previously there.

My tank has Endlers, Ember Tetras, Golden Gourami and Red Cherry Shrimp.

I’m equally as interested in the plants and have a selection of different types which look very nice.
My only problem is though that I’ve lost the labels which came with them so not sure what they are all now called!!! However I know there is an Anubis Nana, Java Fern, a Crypt & the starting of a Glossostigma Elatinoids carpet which I spent 2 hours planting, piece by piece!

Chris

Hello Chris, and welcome, tank looks nice...
My best guess - front left Anubias barteri nana., back left Hygrophilia polysperma, back right H. corymbosa, front right Microsorum pteropus, middle Cryptocoryne sp., foreground Glosso.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your kind comment, yes the plant names have all come back to me now and will note them down.

I posted another note also last night in the ‘plant help’ topic forum, as the plants are slowly turning brown and it doesn’t appear to be algae, as it doesn’t rub off.

Thanks
Chris

Hi
The plants browning is possibly just a transition they will have to adapt to life underwater.U will have some melt due to them being grown emersed in the nurseries.Just keep removing the bad leaves and they will bounce back.Good tank husbandry is essential during that stage.
Not sure how glosso will do but the rest should be ok in few weeks.
Regards Konsa

Thanks Konsa for your advice, I was slightly concerned I would end up with dead plants, but will be patient to let them come back.

It’s also been advised to increase the Excel, so I’m going to add it daily opposed to every other day.

To get the Glosso going well, I was thinking of adding another light towards the front, or just switching it for something less demanding?

Thanks
Chris

You are welcome Chris.
Doubt that adding more light will sort the Glosso as it will most likely be the CO2 that will be the issue.Monte Carlo,Marsilea, lilaeopsis brasiliensis are easy to grow in low light (low tech ) or with liquid carbon.
All the best with your setup.
Regards Konsa

Thanks Konsa, I’m going to leave it for a while and see how it develops and then will take your advice to replant with the Monte Carlo.

Chris

Back