• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from sussex

discusdan

Hi all

Heard about this place from another forum (unrelated to aquariums) and have to say it seems like a really good place to be part of with loads of useful info.

I used to have an aquarium set up 4 years ago but had to break it down due to moving house and unfortunately take back all my fish, I had two lovely discus which I had from young and was sad to see them go.

Thankfully i'm now in a position to start my tank again and i'm just relearning all the ropes, its all coming back slowly but it seems a lot of things have moved on in the space of 4 years.

Think i'm getting there slowly, Just getting all the bits ready for the tank now and hopefully have it cycling in the next few weeks, Just waiting for the bog wood to water log and sink them I can start getting things how I want.

My old tank was quite funky looking but this time round i'm going for a more natural planted look.
Though it sounds like this might be more of a challenge than i was expecting and the cost's are growing. Though i'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Any ways here's a picture of my old tank, look out for my posts in other sections i'm sure there will be many over the next few months.

tank01.jpg

Welcome to the forum Dan!
an interesting scape you had with some unusual features.....the bottles could be unique co2 diffusers!
my wife's a particular fan of disaronno, and I'm a vodka drinker so this could almost be one of my tanks after a party!!
get a journal started so you can ask questions along the way.
Cheerio for now,
Ady.

haha, cheers guys. it was my first aquarium so wanted to try something a bit different.

Cant wait to get this one going again, been doing loads of research over the past couple of weeks, seems my lighting may need an upgrade for a planted tank (currently have the original t8 30w bulbs for a 200l tank, seems t5's are the norm now?) and just been looking at making DIY c02 injectors, one's using yeast which I might have a go at and others using fire extinguishers. I do like a bit of DIY, I've made my fish tank cabinet/stand just waiting to get time to finish the doors.
hopefully it will all come together in the next month or so.

Back