• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello to all

Cheltster

Hello everyone.

Just recently got back into the hobby when my dad became ill and I got the job of looking after the tank. I hadn't done anything like that since I was living at home and at school in the late 90s.

I had a lot of reading up to do. Previously had a moderately successful DIY Co2 setup but these days the old man is strictly low tech.

Anyway my quest for knowledge led me here and what a great resource it has been. My dad's tank now has a pack of otos, amano shrimp and two nerite snails. A new LED full spectrum light and cannister filter and hasn't looked so good in ages.

In fact I'm now looking to set up a tank of my own. I'm currently grow plants in a fish bowl with a desk lamp. I also have an emersed setup. The chihiros A series is on order.

I can't wait and once I am allowed to post photos I shall as there is so much to ask.

Thanks to you guys.

Thanks everyone. Just got back from the hospital and my dad is getting there.

Thanks for the advice on the light. I bought the bracket as well to increase the height above the tank and it comes with a dimmer. I will keep it nice and low to start with and take it from there.

Still trying to decide whether or not to go high tech. Think I'll avoid it at first due to too much maintenance. However I know the slow growth rates will bug me.

Back