• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello world :)

Ullalaaqua

I’ve read things in this Forum for awhile now without posting anything myself so thought it would be time to introduce myself to you all :)

So first things first: I’m from Finland ;)

I’ve been on and off the aquariumhobby since I was 8 but really got into aquascaping couple of years ago. I spent the first year studying about aquascaping, watching youtube tutorials, going through previous IAPLC works, trying to get the hang of all the different equipment one needs to get started and getting my brain twisted with the different methods of dozing ferts (this still makes my head ache).
A year ago I finally got my hands on a used beta tank (70x45x45) and stand with external filter and old led light. Made my first scape in it and spent the first months fighting against all sorts of algae. With the help of some pros out there I managed to get it where it is now and learned a lot on the way :)
The scape is still evolving, but I think it’s soon at the state I could take the final shot and take it down for something new.
b04eaa9c37a7437a2b4e1ee13d5da16a.jpg

Couple of weeks ago I planted my second properly planned scape that is a bit smaller than the first one. This is also a beta line tank (35x25x25). Now I keep my fingers crossed it’ll just grow beautifully and not gave the same problems as before :)

c697b6ea36ae262400f89e0b89747f90.jpg

So will be commenting and partisipating a bit more here in the future:) Looking forward to learn more from you!

And I’m just learning how this thing works in TapTalk so sorry if I post this somewhere I shouldn’t have XD

Ulla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to UKAPS :)

Lovely pair of tanks :) first is stunning already and the second great potential, maybe consider starting a couple of journals on each of the tanks and update on the progress ;)

Welcome to UKAPS :)

Lovely pair of tanks :) first is stunning already and the second great potential, maybe consider starting a couple of journals on each of the tanks and update on the progress ;)

Thank you so much! The journal idea sounds great! I have an IG account where I kinda do that already, but wouldn’t mind doing another here as well :) The smaller scape has a lot of unfamiliar plants to me so the outcome is gonna be a surprice haha. I have an idea how the plants will look once they grow, but no idea how they all will work together.

Beautiful Aquariums how about moss on the cut wood 2aquarium.? Welcome:)

The tripartita is growing on it :) I don’t want to use moss in that spot. The tripartita mini is already starting to creep downwards so it’ll cover the cut part in no time.

Back