• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello....

egon

Gah, too much reading makes your eyes sore, doesnt it? :lol:

Been scanning your great site for a couple of days now, trying to take in at least some of the masses of really useful stuff on here!
Just remodelled my 160L tank to coral sand substrate as it looked a bit, um, cheesy with the random gravel i had in there, so i thought i'd buy some flora for it too. Have purchased some riccia fluitans and plantsalives 18" pack, to see me on my way.
I dose a bit more regularly now with easylife carbo (1.5ml/day) to try and help my plant life. The tank does cop about half an hour of direct sunlight first thing in the morning, if the curtains are open (rare!) so they greenery is quite happy.

I do have a couple of 2Kg fire extinguishers lurking about, in the event that my flat catches light, but now i'm thinking regulators and diffusers!! 8)
I'll get some pics at the weekend when its all settled down in the tank and i get time to breathe.

Anyway.....Hello :)

If you have a fire you can just use the tank water instead of the Co2!

Heh, dont think the wife would go for that! :)

Been looking at the fluval 88 co2....any use? i realise its for up to 150L but with rocks and substrate i'm probably a bit less than that. Looks like a good bit of kit for £60.

Welcome aboard :)

egon said:
Been looking at the fluval 88 co2....any use? i realise its for up to 150L but with rocks and substrate i'm probably a bit less than that. Looks like a good bit of kit for £60.
Don't waste your money, the little bottles won't last you a week in that tank! Spend your money on a proper regulator and solenoid and then just buy CO2 Fire Extinguishers :)

Fair enough. I should be able to scrounge something to make it work...:)

Back