• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

collins

Hi,

I have been skimming over the site for a few weeks now reading lots of different posts by some genuinely gifted people and there creations, I thought it was about time that I jumped in and became a member. I started getting in to the planted tank scene around a year ago maybe less, The first planted tank I came in to contact with were the show tanks in The Green Machine, around 2 years ago my wife wanted a tank....so off we went and bought a tank...never knew,read about cycling etc until it was too late, so I went on google and looked for any/every shop in the local area who dealt in aquatics and tried to find some seeded filter material.....The Green Machine was the last place I went....and Wow that place blew me away (Still does!!...There natures chaos rescape is beautiful!!!) they game me (A complete noob) some filter material and off i went....I dissapeared for around a year trying to keep some fish alive and read about planted tanks inbetween...i finally took the plunge less than a year ago and I am still completely lost (well not lost...jus not where i thought i would be) on how to create some of the awe inspiring tanks on here. At first i popped in a few bits of driftwood and a few plants and thought that everything was fine....obviously this diddnt work out so since my first failure on the road to success I have been tinkeing (Spending money) and am now getting close to where I want to be...unfortunately due to an algae outbreak that i coul not control i had to strip down my tank around 3 months ago...which was a real shame...since then we have moved and I have started again...which was nice...unfortunately I diddnt take any pictures of the journey so i can't provide a journal for it. I wish i had, athough the tank isn't great looking i'm happy with it (at the minute anyway) considering it is an awkward tank to scape with it bein a corner tank (Trigon 190) I have recently again messed about with the tank and added a new piece of driftwood and moved a bit of the hardscape about so hoepfully in the next few weeks everything should settle in and i will be in a position to share with you my novice scape.....my specs are listed below.....also appologies for this post being quite long....i thought i would let everyone know the ins and outs .

Cheers

Tank - Trigon 190
Filtration - Juwel Internal BioFlow - Fluval 405
Lighting - Juwel T5 28WX2 Arcadia T8 20WX2
Co2 - None at present ( Messed about with DIY but was really unstable)
Ferts - Sera

fishfingers said:
hello and welcome im new my self i agree there are some tallented people on here and lots of insperation

Most deffinately. Hopefully one day I will be able to reach these dizzy heights!! :?

Back