• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help amount of co2 by bubble counter

norfolkdiscus

Seedling
hi all

i keep thinking i am adding to much c02 to my 5x2x18 fully planted tank, i have spray bar running across the 5 ft lenth
aiming across to the front glass and down and there is planty of flow as i can see all the bottom plants moving, even the ones at the back.

my problem is that the bubble counter looks as if its adding 3-4 bubbles per second, can this be right????

the drop checker wich uses 4dkh fuid looks blue green, i am adding 1mm 4dkh to 2 drops reagent.

any help from other members would be of great help fish seam fine so do shimps as there breeding like fire.

thank tim

norfolkdiscus said:
any help from other members would be of great help fish seam fine so do shimps as there breeding like fire.

Then stop fretting! If livestock are fine you are not adding too much CO2!!! There are so many things that affect CO2 absorption and offgassing that trying to compare bubble rates on two different tanks is meaningless. The most effective "test kit" fir CO2 is your livestock, and they sound like they're doign VERY well, so you have nothing to worry about¬ :D :D :D
Hope this helps,
Matt

thanks matt

but most peeps on here dont seem to have very large plant tanks, dont meen to ofend saying that.

Wow thats a BIG tank!!

I recon that since your shrimps are breeding, its a soft water tank. Plants also seem to enjoy life in the tank. So even with 3-4 bps, you are not adding too much CO2. Flora and fauna are doing fine, thats the ultimate test.

Talk about drop checker, guess you need more than one to see the distribution of CO2 as such. But given your OP, I wouldn't bother. Or perhaps I didnt get your cause of concern!!?

cheers
niru

thanks for your comments niru its more to do with adding the right amount of 4dkh fluid as i am using it as arefrence to c02 amount, i have seen members on here adding 1.5 ml to two drops reagent am i do it right

Back