• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help!! hair slime on new piece of bogwood

Tomo

Hi, just wondered if anybody could help. I set up a new tank, only a week old, and the piece of bogwood is already growing what looks like slimey hair. I've got it weighed down at the moment with a stone to stop it floating. Will this disappear on its own or do I need to do something? Want to clear it because it's a really nice piece of wood and a centrepiece of the tank. Thanks

Whitish and goopy? It will go away naturally but you can syphon it off too to speed things up.

Thanks for that ill give it a clean just good to think it will disappear naturally

Yup it's just the wood getting used to its new underwater life :)

It takes time but it won't be slimey for long and will become water logged enough to remove the rock.

All the best with the new tank! It's an exciting time.

Mine hasn't disappeared naturally, bloody stuff's been there for months, in fact it's spreading. I know it's harmless enough but it's annoying when I try to keep my tank spotless. :lol:

Thanks all for your replies and help just got to be patient

Back