• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help identify the disease

D.Bezinski

Hi All,

Can you help me identify the disease and recommend a treatment, please?

The aquarium is 200l and I have Rummynose tetras, Congo tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Otocinclus, Amano shrimps, Plecos and some Corys

Thank you.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 80
Hi,
I can't see anything apart from breathing faster than the others and less colouration. I lost one 2 days ago... They were all ok in the morning and when I returned from work one of them was nearly dead with the same red spots.

It looks like the infection is in the gut, as opposed to the swim bladder. It is reasonable to presume a parasitic infection and attempt a <suitable treatment programme> because these types of infection appear to be rather common. It is also worth your time considering items outside the treatment tank that need to be sterilised so that it does not reappear.

Hi Simon,
Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, the fish didn't make it but I will do what you said. No signs of another sick fish so far.
Thank you!

Back