• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help & Info Please

GotCrabs

For awhile now I've been wanting to create a nice little nano tank fully planted out and used/shown as a display piece in the home in either the bed room or lounge.

I've tried planning for what to do in a Mr Aqua 12g tank but that has failed seeing the tank can not be used at the moment, so am leaning towards going smallish nano to sit upon a bed room tall boy or chest of drawers.

I have a bag of Fluval Shrimp Stratum so that will be used, I have an awesome amount of Elocharis 'Belem' outside and surprisingly still a live in a bucket, am just unsure of which plants to use, how to plant certain plants, where to place these plants, pretty much I'm lost at the moment, am thinking about perhaps Glosso, or HC, HT 'Japan', Blyxa 'Japonica' perhaps, or some moss only, really have no idea, I'm almost at the point where I need someone to almost design it all for me, sounding useless right? Seriously lacking imagination and creativity.

Being a small nano it's a fair chance I won't be using a canister filter, sadly because I swear by them, would a hang on back suitable? Prefer not to have an internal as it takes up too much room, would also prefer not to use a heater but do realise the plants and eventual shrimp would need it though, so something super small I guess, lighting is also an issue, don't wanting something that isn't going to help with plant growth, but nothing overkill either.

Eventually a nice little group of Bloody Mary Shrimp and maybe some Crystal Reds will go in, no fish at all, this will mainly be a planted display with some shrimp live in there.

I know this is a massive ask, but could I get some help, suggestions, ideas, feedback at all, I really would appreciate it, I'm getting no where at the moment and it's really something I need, personally something I need, thank you.

Back