• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help me identify this creature

I found this is in my shrimp tank? Anyone know what it is and if its harmful to my shrimp? Thank you

Attachments

• 20180723_144155.jpg
    20180723_144155.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
I found this is in my shrimp tank? Anyone know what it is and if its harmful to my shrimp? Thank you

Looks like dragonfly larvae... it should be predator but maybe shrimps are to fast for it...
If shrimps are not expensive I would leave it in there to observe...

Yes that looks like a dragonfly larva, or nymph. I don't recognise the species though, it could be foreigh if it came in with imported plants.
They lurk and ambush their prey, can certainly catch shrimps and fish.

Thanks i think i removed them i found another a couple week back and got rid, havent seen anymore since? I had such a nightmare lately lol battle with hydra invasion and then these. Have both under control now thank god. Although i lost a good 15 shrimp or something due to both of these problems :( so now all is better and no lurking critters i have to find more shrimp and none in my area.

Back