• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help new external filter for 30l

Mrmikey

Hi the time has final come for me to upgrade. I have a 30l denerale nano tank 30x30x35 and im currently using a Fluval 1 Plus Internal Filter . It says it does 200 so imagine it does half of that. I absolutely hate the heater, filter and even the co2 in the tank!

What i want out the the filter is it to be small, this is important as i dont have a cabinet and am looking to place it behind the tank. I've seen a ehiem classic 2213 in the flesh and that is the perfect size but i dont know weather its any good? what do you think? also noise is a factor, as its next to my bed i dont want it making a racket.

I also want to use a inline heater, and have glass flow & lily pipes once I had some advice on filter.

any help would be great.

mike

I have a 26 litre tank, 30x30x30. Im currently using a Eheim 2213 and it is very silent, my light makes more noise than the filter. My only criticism is it seems a little underpowered really. I relaise it should cover the 10x flow rate rule that is supposedly ideal, but i dont think its enough. I use lily pipes and this probably restricts the flow rate a little. The spray bar was just too intrusive. If possible try looking for the next filter up i think. Plus, it didnt come with bioball media, only a few sponges, so this was added cost i hadnt factored in.
Hope this is of help.
Peter

I'd considder a Ehiem Ecco Pro bud.

I'm running the 600ltHr one (2032 iirc) and its been great. Its much quieter than my fluval internal was :)

nd it is very silent, my light makes more noise than the filter
Thanks peter this is the type of thing you cant read on the box and if you do its hard to believe. I heard of the guy in the shop the the ehiems are pretty silent so i know it will be one of theirs. If you think yours is under-powered then i may have to rethink my space and go for the next size up.
I'd considder a Ehiem Ecco Pro bud
Do you recommend me getting the same then chris? do you know if the dimensions are the same as the classic I was eyeing up? this would save me a few headaches in where to put the thing.

and thanks

the pro 130 (or 2032) is rated to 500lhr but in reality I think if you were to add polishing pads or floss and it was a few feet below the tank you'd find it closer to the 300 mark.

this would be pretty close to the x10 mark and with a spray bar shouldn't be too much for the tank.

the dimentions are all on here;

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... p-186.html

I'd defo recommend it as its simple to use, prime, clean and is quiet. Also it consumes a very low amount of power.

I honestly give it 5 stars :)

I've got an aqua one with my new tank but am looking at replacing it with an ehiem after the experiance i've had with this one!

Hi thanks for this info Chris really is very useful. Can i ask what polishing pads and floss are used for?

If I did get the pro 130, would it work if I put it behind the tank or does it have to go low?

And to throw a curve ball in the mix have you heard anything on the dennerle external nano filter?
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=2887

Back