• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please

lurcher

I was lighting my planted tank with 2x39watt T5 tubes,the GLO box packed up so I went for LED lights, one 25 watt and one 28.8watt both from a different maker but my tank does not seem as bright as before,can any lighting guru explain it to me. Thank You

I was lighting my planted tank with 2x39watt T5 tubes,the GLO box packed up so I went for LED lights, one 25 watt and one 28.8watt both from a different maker but my tank does not seem as bright as before,can any lighting guru explain it to me. Thank You
Depends on diode color composition.
Think of the brightness difference between say a 6500k tube and a pinkish "grolux" tube
Your eyes just don't see blue or red as err bright
White tubes gave a ton of light in the cyan to green range

Your eyes are terrible meters to count photons other than green ones.

There could be other reasons like cheap diodes or underperforming power supplies but uncommon nowadays.

Part could also be the better directionality of the light. Tubes are much better at flooding a tank than the normal 120 degree leds.

Last edited:
Back