• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help something is in the water

RolyMo

Not sure where to post this, so I thought I would post it here.

I have just noticed these critters in the tank. No not the shrimp.

a3uja7yb.jpg

I would post a video but not sure how.

There are very small white things jumping around the tank substrate.

Any idea what they are? Are they harmful? Are they going to harm my new investment of posh CRS shrimp.

Thanks in advance
Roly

They won't harm your shrimps so you really don't have to worry too much about them, only if you don't like the looks of them. If anything the fact that they're there means that you have a pretty good environment in the tank in my opinion. Although they will eat the cyclops, I wouldn't add fish as I find shrimps are less nervous without fish.

P.s I guess one way to help reduce the numbers and perhaps getting rid of them totally is to remove leftover food and keep the substrate clean. Treat them as you would treat snail outbreaks.

Ok thanks Michael
So when I get snail outbreaks in my other tank it is due to over feeding and I reduce the food to the fish over a week and that slows the snails down if not eradicating them.

Feel much better thank you.
I was just admiring the new purchase when I saw other critters in there and panicked for the safety of the shrimp.

I dread to think how nail biting it must be to own the top end shrimp at over £100/ shrimp. Jeez.
R

Back