• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help wanted with 48L fishpod

SUE MERCER

Seedling
OK, think Im ready to start a project now, I had to save up the money as Im a student. Ive been given a 48l fishpod with the filter (PF1), lighting (15w) and heater that came with it. Also been given some ugly blue gravel, plastic plants and ornaments!!!
As I have decided to go low tec (finances as they are), this is what I was thinking:
Substrate
John Innes no 3
play sand
divided by greenhouse shadding
Lighting
Remove the blue lamp
Use the remaining light for about 4.5 hours a day

I havent got into the hard or soft landscaping yet, just want to check the above before I got that far. Would love to get any feedback before I go ahead and buy anything else

Hi sue, not done a soil tank so can't help there but had one of these tanks, using just the one light gives a bit of an uneven spread but with clever hardscaping and planting will work fine I added another whit bulb and found it to be too much, 4.5 hours may work but 5-6 is the norm building up to about 7-8 when the tanks settled.

Thank for the advice guys. Think I'll be using gravel now as just been given another tank, but thats for a diff part of the forum. Will definitely have lights os you all said :)

Back