• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with auto doser

FrozenShivers

Hello, I have just received my first auto doser, a Kamoer X1 Pro 2. I have setup the app etc. Is there an easy way for me to feed the tube to my 5L bottle of TNC Complete? Or do I need to buy a bottle with a special lid for connecting the hosing? Also, does anyone have a neat solution for attaching the hosing into the aquarium at the rear?

Thanks.

Is there an easy way for me to feed the tube to my 5L bottle of TNC Complete?

I'd just drill a hole in the lid, and push the tubing through it. Maybe add a stainless steel nut to the base of the tube if it looks like it needs weighting down to stay at the bottom of the bottle.

Also, does anyone have a neat solution for attaching the hosing into the aquarium at the rear?

I have some of these. They can be a bit fragile, but work well if you are careful taking them on and off:

Hey
I'm using this one 4 Pcs Bottle Cap for DIY Live Plants Co2 Generator Screw Plastic Bottle Air | eBay , fits a lot of recyclable plastic or glass bottles. So using half inch airline silicone tube plus an acrylic tube which I connect with airline to the bottom of the cap. Acrylic tube is so long that it reaches bottom of the bottle. The second connector on the cap is used to prevent vacuum when pump sucks the liquid out.

Hey
I'm using this one 4 Pcs Bottle Cap for DIY Live Plants Co2 Generator Screw Plastic Bottle Air | eBay , fits a lot of recyclable plastic or glass bottles. So using half inch airline silicone tube plus an acrylic tube which I connect with airline to the bottom of the cap. Acrylic tube is so long that it reaches bottom of the bottle. The second connector on the cap is used to prevent vacuum when pump sucks the liquid out.
Ah also using this 4 Hose For Dosing Pump Fish Tank Aquarium Version PC Soft Tube Fixture Holder A+ | eBay

Voss water bottles work well as dosing containers.
I use acrylic u bends that can be purchased online. I’m sure our sponsors do them.

Just look at the Voss method online and it does look really neat, might try and do that, looks like I'll need a few tools though. Question about the u-bends people have mentioned in this thread, should the u-bend be in the water column or just above? Or does it even matter? Thanks!
I use a glass ’U’ tube for CO2, just hook it over the edge of the tank.
Amazon product ASIN B09LV8G2S7
Looks very neat and exactly what I want as aesthetics matter to me. Thanks.
Appreciate the input, I'm only dosing from one tube so I'll go with the u-bend method.

in the water column or just above?
Just above will stop any chance of a back siphon happening however I have mine sat in the water and just use a non return valve.
The reason I have mine sat in the water rather than above is because I have a reef tank so the stuff I’m dosing can crystallise on the side of my tank.

Just above will stop any chance of a back siphon happening however I have mine sat in the water and just use a non return valve.
The reason I have mine sat in the water rather than above is because I have a reef tank so the stuff I’m dosing can crystallise on the side of my tank.

Ah that makes sense, I'll probs just do the same and grab a non return valve then :)

Wee update, I actually have two of these auto dosers now...although neither is actually set up. I have went with the Voss bottle system mentioned above, installed bulkheads etc, my problem is that I have 6mm OD acrylic tubing going from the bulkhead, I can't get the tubing that comes with the Kamoer to fit inside the Acrylic tubing even when using hot water, I think the ID of the acrylic is around 1mm too thick to allow it (unsure of the ID of the acrylic, it's from Aliexpress). So I'm a bit stuck at the moment :(

Edit - Spelling.

Last edited:
Wee update, I actually have two of these auto doses now...although neither is actually set up. I have went with the Voss bottle system mentioned above, installed bulkheads etc, my problem is that I have 6mm OD acrylic tubing going from the bulkhead, I can't get the tubing that comes with the Kamoer to fit inside the Acrylic tubing even when using hot water, I think the ID of the acrylic is around 1mm to thick to allow it (unsure of the ID of the acrylic, it's from Aliexpress). So I'm a bit stuck at the moment :(
Hi
Post a couple of images....Every picture tells a Story!

Attachments

• IMG_8306.jpg
    IMG_8306.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8308.jpg
    IMG_8308.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8305.jpg
    IMG_8305.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8307.jpg
    IMG_8307.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Hi
Post a couple of images....Every picture tells a Story!

Wee update, I actually have two of these auto doses now...although neither is actually set up. I have went with the Voss bottle system mentioned above, installed bulkheads etc, my problem is that I have 6mm OD acrylic tubing going from the bulkhead, I can't get the tubing that comes with the Kamoer to fit inside the Acrylic tubing even when using hot water, I think the ID of the acrylic is around 1mm to thick to allow it (unsure of the ID of the acrylic, it's from Aliexpress). So I'm a bit stuck at the moment :(
Inside?
You want the tubing to go over the acrylic pipe!

Inside?
You want the tubing to go over the acrylic pipe!
Doh! Well then I guess the next issue is that it's too small to fit over the tubing also. Do I need to replace the standard tubing on the Kamoer unit then I take it? Please don't tell me I have to buy more overpriced water bottles and different bulkheads and start over again :(

This was the video I used.

Back