• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with auto doser

Can you not soften is in a mug of boiling water for a few minute, and then push it over? I'm not sure what type of tubing they have supplied.

I tried that but it still won't fit sadly.
Something like this...below!
I'll order those and let you know how I get on!
The tubing he is using is silicone tubing, therefore it stretches a lot more!
Might have helped if I'd watched the video all the way until the end, didn't notice he's using completely different tubing :dead:

Easier more readily used option:

1700643391234.jpeg

Used to come with a small section of tubing, with a reducer to fit standard dosing line diameter, maybe still does:

1700643456285.jpeg

Then into your auto doser of choice:

1700643511514.jpeg

Cost: £16.15

Ordered two of the 6mm>4mm, no luck, still won't fit. Wonder if I'm easier just changing the tubing for the Kamoer unit, assuming that's possible?
Why won't they fit?

How about sand/carve the outer diameter of the Acrylic to fit into your tubing or you can ream out the inner diameter of the Acrylic tube with a drill bit to the required diameter or alternately use heat to soften the Acrylic tube and then push fit the tubing inside.

:)

Easier more readily used option:

Good to know if all else fails, I'd be annoyed with myself if I had to quit this mini DIY project though, so I shall probably persevere!

Why won't they fit?
I'll show once I get home from work, I think the Kamoer uses different size tubing, that's why I'm wondering if it's possible to hook up normal sized tubing? Not sure if anyone has experience directly with the same unit? Just checked online, it seems it uses 3x5mm tubing instead of 4x6mm tubing...argh!
How about sand/carve the outer diameter of the Acrylic to fit into your tubing or you can ream out the inner diameter of the Acrylic tube with a drill bit to the required diameter or alternately use heat to soften the Acrylic tube and then push fit the tubing inside.

:)
This may well be an option :)

Why won't they fit?

I think this is why they maybe don’t fit. It looks like the inner diameter of the 6>4mm reducer you linked has an inner diameter of 4mm, unless I read wrongly? Does the reducer need an ID of 5mm or 6mm for 5mm OD tubing? Or am I just lost lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 33
Sure you ordered the correct size 6mm is the push-in end and the 4mm stem goes into the tubing!
Or they could have sent you the wrong order?
Do you still have the bag the reducers came inside?
I think you have a 4mm x 6mm......which is the wrong way around!

Back