• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with carpeting plants... (ceg maybe?)

krazypara3165

I have a 4ft 275l tank which has x2 t5 light units that are on for 6 hours a day and around 25" from the substrate (highest i can have it) and a f.e co2. up untill the last two days ive ulhad phenominal growth with my plants but now all the lower leaves from my carpet of staurogyne porto vello have all fell off....... im wondering if anyone has any ideas, i have light algae but nohing too bad and ive moved my drop checker to that spot and its lime green! I also dose daily e.i. the only thing i can hink of is that i have echiodorus tenelluus that has crept up underneath it and spread rapidly....... could this be restricting flow? It seems wierd that all lover leaves are comming off at the exact same time! Any advice from the pros?

Agree with Alastair. Can't see images of the tank so we'd guess that maybe a trim is in order to get better flow or it might be as simple as an injection rate increase. Try adding Excel (or equivalent) to boost CO2 consumption. If you had phenomenal growth, then you have to consider that you need phenomenal amounts of CO2 to support the extra plant mass.

Cheers,

Back