• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with Dwarf Hairgrass

Jamie McGrath

Hello there, i need help growing dwarf hairgrass. I have a 200 litre tank, there is good flow as im using an external filter and a powerhead to move the water. I have tropica growth substrate capped with aquarium sand. I inject pressurized CO2 and the drop checker is green at lights on. i have two 54W arcadia plant pro tubes in a pendant light positioned just above the top of the water. The lights come on at 3 and turn off at 11. The Co2 comes on at 12 and off at 7. I am dosing EI which is the aquarium plant food starter kit, which i am overdosing. I do a 50% weekly water change.
The grass is constantly sending out runners, they start to grow new shoots, the shoots start too grow but then they turn black , die and the float to the top of the tank.
All of my other plants are growing well and need to be trimmed on a weekly basis.

What more can I do to get a nice hairgrass carpet, can anybody offer and advise? Please can sombody help because im putting a lot of effort and money into getting this grass to grow and its just no cooperating, its almost making me want to quit planted tanks and get a marine on .

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't think plants could get too much light or forts. I will take your suggestions into consideration.

Last edited:
Back