• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with lighting options

Andy Dunning

Abit long winded this one guys Getting in a pickle at the mo. I have a fluval roma 240 at the moment, but looking on tropicas site and I liked aquascape 82 which is done in a juwel rio 180 with 4×45w t5's with the following plants.
Limnophila hippuridoides, Ludwigia sp. Eleocharis sp. Hydrocotyle tripartita, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Anubias barteri 'Petite', Echinodorus tenellus. But as in a previous post I put on here about using 4 t5s I get the response of ALGAE ALAGE ALAGE using that much light. But speaking to Dan Crawford who did the scape and a guy on here who maintains the tank they say to get the proper colours out of these plants you need the 4. So I post about modifying the rio 180 light canopy but the response I get for that is not to bother as it wont work with that canopy. Then I seen about you can adapt the fluval roma light hood to house t5s. So I looked this up which only adds a t5 to each t8 not the 4 t5s I want, but is it possible to add 4 t5s to the roma light hood.

Hi,
Why not just learn how to grow plants with the bulbs that you already have? There are lots of things to learn before having the luxury of worrying about best color.

Dan Crawford is an expert aquascaper who has been growing plants for years. That's why when he uses megawatts he doesn't have problems.

If you are even asking the question then you probably don't have enough experience to handle megawatts so just use the lights you have.

Cheers,

Back