• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with these algae issues plz

Hi all,
I have not been using NPK .. I have just bought a kit to mix my own ... Will that help then?
Yes should do. If plant growth is better you tend to have less algae problems. If you use CO2 and high light you need to add nutrients regularly. I only have low tech tanks, but even with these you need to supply enough nutrients to support active plant growth.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Yes should do. If plant growth is better you tend to have less algae problems. If you use CO2 and high light you need to add nutrients regularly. I only have low tech tanks, but even with these you need to supply enough nutrients to support active plant growth.

cheers Darrel
I see .. I have put the original light back on now with led's I just hope it is the right light spectrum .. It's the aqua one .. It is defiantly not as bright so I hope by adding co2 still that isn't going to cause me even more problems ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. The spectrum isn't a problem unless you don't like the way it looks over your aquarium...

With those ferts you mentioned you should see things improve, however, you'll still need to get rid of that BBA manually :(

Hi all,
You should see some greening with in 7 days from the nitrogen. If you don't I'd dose the magnesium. Hard water in the UK often doesn't have much magnesium in it (especially from chalk aquifers). This differs from the USA, where a lot of their limestones have undergone dolomization.

cheers Darrel

Thank you for all your help on this matter I have changed the decor slightly now and starting a different design, still adding co2 and adding the fertz in the pic below .. Again thank you
esaqa6a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• esaqa6a7.jpg
    esaqa6a7.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 58
Back