• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help!

krazypara3165

Howdy, i have finally got my discus today and i wanted to take a few "decent" pics for all to see however i seem to come across two problems. the first one is that i always get reflections of me taking the picture, and secondly my slr cameras iso setting is not really good. i cant seem to get pictures that are not blurred. outside of aquarium photography im not too bad with my slr but this has me stumped.

Now one would assume that i could use a tri-pod, but the fish would never be still enough even for that. (although ive not tried it)

any ideas?

cheers, craig.

You must still have some kind of ambient light in the room somewhere causing the reflection. As far as ISO settings go, you generally need to use as lower setting as you can get away with. Too high an ISO setting will cause distortion in the image and graininess! You should be using a tripod as the shutter speed will probably be too slow to have a sharp image when holding the camera. Hope this helps.

Back