• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help !!!

andy

Have a releitvely new 48 x 18 x 15 planted tank and i have the dreaded slime algea. The probable cause is that im only running an interpet 4 internal filter so the water flow and circulation is not good.

However, with some of the flow rates that have been suggested, it's going to look like hurricane Andrew in my tank. I have many fish that like reletively slow flowing water (neons, Angels, rams) and even after giving my internal filter a clean, the flow is too much for them (rummynoses love it though)

Any suggestions ? I really want to upgrade to an external and i had 2 x tetratec 1200's suggested to me. Surely that's going to be more suited to a coral reef rather than an Amazon tributary.

Any help is appreciated

Andy

If you are using a point source outlet such as a lily pipe then the exit velocity is high but you can try using one or more spraybars to more evenly distribute the flow energy.

Cheers,

Back