• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Here's my first bash at a planted tank

samboco

Hi everybody here's a few pics of my first planted tank coming together, any comments would be welcomed (good or bad!).
Some info: 230L tank (approx)
lighting from two T5 (Sylvania Grolux and Narva Biovital)
Eheim Pro3 600 filter
Hydor inline heater
2KG CO2 FE (still to be fitted, awaiting arrival of inline diffuser, bubble counter and drop checker - hurry
up Mr Postman!)
ADA amazonia substrate plus sand from pets at home
Bogwood and rocks.

Plant list: Hygrophila pinnatifida
Anubias barteri var. nana
Limnophila sessiliflora
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Rotala rotundifolia
Eleocharis parvula
Hygrophila corynbosa siamensis 53B
Microsorum pteropus
Myriophyllum mattogrosense
Pogostemon erectus
Cryptocoryne beckettii petchii
Lobelia cardinalis
Cryptocoryne wendtii green
Pogostemon helferi
Echinodorus cordifolius ssp fluitans

Got the dry salts through the door today so made up my EI solutions to start dosing tomorrow. :D

tank1i.jpg

tank2x.jpg

tank3a.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank5n.jpg

tank6.jpg

tank7.jpg

tank8.jpg

tank9.jpg

tank10.jpg

tank11.jpg

tank12.jpg

Please excuse the quality of some of the photos, I'll post more in the future when ive got some growth going.

That's looking great so far, can't wait to see it grow in. Lovely tank too. What I did notice in one of your pics is the box from your regulator. If I'm right, and that's the reg you'll be using, you may struggle to get the inline diffuser working properly as that regs not got adjustable working pressure has it?

Oh dear, I hope thats not the case! The reg doesn't have an additional valve control other than the needle valve as far as I'm aware although it does have the two pressure dials. Have you used the reg before and it's been unsuccesful? It's the Up inline diffuser I'm waiting for. I'd tried to have a look through the forum posts and ascertain which reg would go successfully with said diffuser. If I've not got it right can you suggest an alternative for my set up?

Yep it is oak, got it from Maidenhead aquatics. I believe they call it the modern oak 120cm.

samboco said:
Oh dear, I hope thats not the case! The reg doesn't have an additional valve control other than the needle valve as far as I'm aware although it does have the two pressure dials. Have you used the reg before and it's been unsuccesful? It's the Up inline diffuser I'm waiting for. I'd tried to have a look through the forum posts and ascertain which reg would go successfully with said diffuser. If I've not got it right can you suggest an alternative for my set up?

I only know this as I almost bought that one, but when I enquirer the working pressure couldn't be changed and was set at 1.5 bar.

This is the one I use
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Co2-Working-P ... 4544wt_808

Hope that helps

Back