• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi and Help

DianeC

Hi I have just come back to keeping fish after many years and am really interested in aquascaping. I have planted up a temperate Fluval Spec V and stocked with it with White Cloud Mountian minnow who are very happy with it it seems! My dilemma that I need help with is that my fish have successfully spawned and I now have about 20+ fry separated in a plastic measuring jug in the aquarium with some plant cover. How do I feed them and what would be the best way to house them? I wasn't planning on this happening hence I'm very ill prepared!

Diane Coley,

Here is a very simply fry box that clips onto the tank it also has a very fine netting to keep them in the box

Add some plant life to give them shelter from the tank light. As for feeding just break a few fish flakes very finely that is all I ever did.

Keith:wave::wave:

Thanks for the welcome and advise. I am trying to track down some fry food but am feeding with finely ground flakes, some very algae covered plants and some Daphne culture I had. I have also put a well rinsed (new) pop sock over the top of the jug and tipped it on its side in the aquarium so there is a flow of water through and the fry stay in. I seem to have cannabolistic minnows as I have seen them eat some fry I haven't manage to catch. Hopefully this will do until I can get the proper equipment tomorrow as I have a day off work

Back