• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi and Thank you.

HammerHead

Seedling
Just wanted to say hi and a big thanks to many on here, particularly ceg4048, Themuleous, aaronnorth and swackett for their tutoials. I've learned so much just from this site that at times I thought my brain was going to melt down. Anyway I'm all set now bar my DIY FE CO2 system for which I'm just waiting for my various parts to arrive. Anyway here is the fruits of my labour set up on Friday and running the last 2 days. Fish were relocated from my small 90l tank to this Roma 240 along with my mature Fluval 405 before anyone gives me a hard time about introducing them too soon.

IMAG0100.jpg

The rocks look great but I think you may have 1 or 2 non aquatic species of plant in there. One is the ferny type just left of centre and the other is the short varigated plant just right of centre and far right. These may just melt away over time.

Hi spyder

I was suspicious about the fern one thanks for confirming that. Its annoying that LFS stocks it as an aquatic plant. Personally dont like the place as its rather expensive and now this. But its my closest and biggest by far. Everywhere else nearby seems very limited in stock and their plants in particularly rarely look healthy in comparisson. Wasnt aware of the other one though. I moved it over from my other tank where its been doing well for many months. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the feed back.

I suffer from LFS plant nightmares. They ususally stock Elodea and Cabomba only along with 1 or 2 non aquatic species. If your really lucky you may rarely find some Vallis too. Shirley Aquatics have had a revamp and now stocking Tropica pots. I was quite impressed with their range on a recent visit.

I'm not sure of your location and probably couldn't recommend anywhere to you but there are a few good online retailers that can supply a good range of aquatic plants although I haven't placed any orders with them yet, they seem popular with the members here.

As for the "other" plant, I'm only guessing but it looks suspicous. ;)

Hello mate,

Welcome to the forum, great tank you've got there. Shame about the non aquatics.

See you around :)

Back