• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi everyone, from the sunny North East

martyg2010

Seedling
Hi forum goers,

My name is Martin and I'm going to have a stab at keeping a planted tank.

My history with aquariums goes back only about 10 years, I started with tropicals and had a 4ft tank setup for about 5 years until one night my 1 week old heater decided it wasn't going to take any notice of its thermostat and jam on. I woke up to all fish floating, bad day.

I decided I was a bit bored with trops so sold that tank and setup a nano marine tank in a TL450, this ran for about 4 years successfully, housing 2 clown fish and various corals and CUC.

I got bored again and the whole lot was given to a friend who was setting up a tank and the tank was given to the son in law.

I have a small 15 litre unheated pico at the minute with a few WCMM and shrimp in and have gotten the bug back but want to try aquascaping and planted tanks.

I've ordered a Dennerle Scapers tank 50l, some Dennerle black quartz sand, hidom al-3 led light, heater and 10kgs of seiryu stone.

I have yet to order filter or plants as I'm going to scape it dry first to make sure I get it right before adding water.

So anyway, hi everyone.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Hello and good luck...maybe post a pic or two when you get going.
Thanks. Will be posting pics as I go along.

Stone came today, its lovely. Some great pieces with lovely markings. Props to Aqua Essentials.

Tank and substrate come tomorrow so will have a play with layout.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Welcome to a fellow North Easterner :thumbup:

Back