• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi everyone

Vardo

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been keeping fish for 22 years. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and my latest set up. It's a 25l Ciano 30 I found on the pavement. It's a dirted set up with a layer of sand with plenty of rocks and tree roots as the hardscape because I'm a big epiphyte fan. I added a Superfish HOB 100L/H, heated with a 25W Eheim Jager and lit with a full spectrum 10 Watt P20 Sansi COB LED. Currently it's only home to 5 juvenile caridina that immediately disappeared into the lead litter on the substrate.
PXL_20240216_210804557.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Any fishy plans?
Thank you! I've not decided which yet, but for sure there'll be some soon. Something like some chilli rasbora or galaxy rasbora, maybe ember tetra. Indostamus paradoxus and sparkling gourami would be nice if I could find one of those two species.

Hi all,
The tank looks great. I was admiring your <"structural leaf litter"> earlier today.
I don't think I've paid for a tank for 23 years come to think of it. I got the substrate from molehills and a sand bank down the river and the tree roots I think I found on the bank of a lake, the leaves and rocks are from the woods...
<"Same for me">. All second hand <"or PYO">. I'm really <"not doing my bit"> for the beleaguered UK Aquarium Industry.

Have a look at <"Ripe for Picking: a Guide to Collecting your own Bountiful Botanicals">.

cheers Darrel

Back