• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from sunny Manchester

I'm not new to this hobby, but I did fail miserably the first time round with algae problems of all kinds.

I currently have a fluval profile 1000 aquarium which is 275lt. It's a bit tall, but I like the design. So after my first attempt at this hobby i thought i would start from scratch after 9 months with my old tank, and to be fair I'd given up hope so time to move on.

I stripped my old tank and rebuilt it using ADA substrate, powersand S, Amazonia and Amazonia mini. Left the aquarium for a couple of weeks whilst the ADA ammonia spike went through its cycle as I had read about. This happened pretty quick as both of my filters, an Eheim 2073 and Allpond 1400EF were kept running during the strip down.

I have 4 x 39w tubes 3 of them being Giesemann daylight and one fluval 6700k bulbs. I run the fluval and one Giesemann for 7 hours a day with a midday run of the other giessmann bulbs for 3 hours.

I'm currently running pressurised co2 on 1 hour before lights on and off at lights out.

I am dosing ADA step 1 and Brighty K each day as directed and running RO water, 50% changes per week. I use aquadur to remineralise the RO water.

I planted the aquarium a couple of weeks ago and since I seem to have had a bit of die off from the staurogyne repens and Hygrophila corymbosa which I'm praying will make a come back.

Here it is day 1

0ihCZD7.jpg

Planted with;

Staurogyne repens
Anubias bart v. nana
Hygrophila corymbosa 'Compact'
Marsilea hirsute
Vesicularia dubyana 'Christmas'
Hygrophila pinnatifida

Here it is 2 weeks after planting

DxbQry1.jpg

Hi mate, all sounds pretty good so far :) hope this one goes well for you, look forward to seeing some more pics

Welcome to the forum Planty :)
Why not start a journal?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back