• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi I'm new ☺

CaptainBarnicles

Hi all! Glad to be here, had no idea there were forums for aquatic plants! I'm a total beginner to plants and I'm so eager to learn! Currently having a few issues but will make a separate thread for that soon 😋

I have the Fluval Roma 240 with Rainbow fish and cherry barbs with loads of crypts, vallis and elodea, a sword, a lotus and a few other little things...looking forward to picking some brains 👋

Attachments

• 20211104_171414.jpg
    20211104_171414.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 161
  • 20211104_171230.jpg
    20211104_171230.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
I must say, after having a little look around and reading a few threads I'm feeling very intimidated 😳 I couldn't understand half of what was being discussed nevermind contribute anything useful 😕 where do the dummies go to get clued up on how to drive this thing? I don't think I'm intelligent enough to grow plants in my tank 😅

I must say, after having a little look around and reading a few threads I'm feeling very intimidated 😳 I couldn't understand half of what was being discussed nevermind contribute anything useful 😕 where do the dummies go to get clued up on how to drive this thing? I don't think I'm intelligent enough to grow plants in my tank 😅

Your current tank looks clean as a whistle @CaptainBarnicles , would say you’re already off to a great start 😉

There’s the articles / tutorials section for starters. Any initial burning questions you have just post here and you will readily get answers. If you want the community onboard for further developments, consider starting a journal too.

Don't worry we have all started at zero sometime (and looking at your tank you're not at zero!!), when I first came here I really didn't understand anything, and tbh after over a year of solid learning I still don't understand some of the really sciencey stuff, but I understand soooooooo much more! You can learn an enormous amount here, definitely the right place to come!

I think start with this article <The Soil Substrate / Dirt Planted Tank >

Last edited:
Your current tank looks clean as a whistle @CaptainBarnicles , would say you’re already off to a great start 😉

There’s the articles / tutorials section for starters. Any initial burning questions you have just post here and you will readily get answers. If you want the community onboard for further developments, consider starting a journal too.
Thank you, that's kind of you to say! I've been fish keeping on and off for about 15 years or so but plants are fairly new to me...at least, trying to have a 'garden' in my tank is. I've had crypts and anubias, java fern and moss but I've never really taken much notice of them, until the last couple of years. I don't have a clue about how to fertilise properly etc and I'm afraid my scrambles egg for brains is not going to comprehend the science!

Back