• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi ukaps community!

hax47

Greetings everyone! I registered about a week ago and thought it would be a good time to introduce myself. I used to keep African cichlids and started my hobby again last year after a 15-year break. I bought a 900-liter tank and added some plants alongside the cichlids. Since then, my passion for planted aquariums has grown. I also have smaller tanks for smaller/fry fish and future breeding purposes.
I hope to have a good time here and will learn a few things ...

Thanks everyone!

Welcome and any chance of a photograph of your tank, 900l is pretty impressive.
Cheers!
Sure, I rebuilt it just a few weeks ago after a year of running, so it's still a work in progress. I didn't like the filtering system, so I decided to tear down the old setup. I'm hoping that the sagittaria will eventually form a nice carpet. My plan is to remove the floating plants and the matured inner filter once I feel that the tank has cycled. It's a low-tech tank with hard water and an undergravel filter.

20230707_204102.jpg

This is the previous version of the aquarium. Despite its problems, it taught me how to keep the plants alive and maintain the algae at an acceptable level.

20230529_204810.jpg

Apologies for the low-quality pictures; distance doesn't help when you have a camera with limited resolution.

Back