• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi yet another newbie

stonec0ld

Seedling
Hi :D

My name is Paul and I'm new to this forum.

I've had a 4ft Fluval Roma 240 community aquarium since February, caught the fish bug and now have a betta tank in the kitchen and a 2ft 60 litre tank with Galaxy Rasbora in the bedroom.

I found this forum after deciding to really get into the planting side of the hobby, and I've read some amazing articles so I thought I'd join up to ask some questions.

I've got 2 things I'm here for specifically;

1st I'm looking to convert my Roma 240 lighting from T8 to T5, I've read someone elses thread on how to do it, so I'm giving it a go soon.

2nd I'm thinking about setting up a 2ft high tech Iwagumi nature-style aquascape design tank so I'll need LOTS of help with that one.

Anyway that's me :)

Hi mate, welcome to UKAPS.

I think most people will say 1) is not necessary right away, get used to ferts and co2 before the lighting.

Cheers

I currently use liquid carbon and liquid ferts. I'm planning on using Ei powders, and a pressurised CO2 system

I would say, if your new to planted tanks to get the dosing and timings etc right for Ferts, Co2 and then your T8's then advance to T5's if necessary mate but its your choice.

Back