• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hi

ste_v5

hi im new to this forum
I have been keeping fish for a few years and i have recently sold my marine reef to try my hand at a planted tank.
I have a juwel vision 260 that i will be using,i will be asking many questions along the way.
I look forward to asking them lol
Thanks ste

thanks yes i will start a journal
im just reading through everybodys at the minute lol

Hi Stev5

Welcome to the community wealth of information & inspiration here

Always good place to start is the journals see what others have created

Look forward to helping you out if i can

Many Thanks SC

thanks everybody
I will be starting a journel at the weekend as i will be buying my cat litter from tesco then,
Has anybody bought there plants from last trading post on ebay?and knows what they are like

Hi stev

I wouldn't off ebay i herd nothing but bad things about everyone that has every brought plants from ebay

I would get a bunch from http://www.plantsalive.co.uk/ they have some great collections to suit all budgets and reasonable prices and perfect for a newbie your get bit of everything if you get the fish house collection over 150 plants for £30

Plant what you and what ever is left over you could sell/donate the rest to UKAPS Members on the Swap for Sale Thread that way you can see what your current skill level can grow easy and and develop things from there

I bought 40 plants from last trading post, they sent me 55! Cost £8.99 including postage. Absolute bargain, all really good quality and doing great in my tank, they have a really good reputation and I will definitely buy from them again

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

thanks i will have a look at that later also would you dose tnc complete from day 1 or leave it abit longer?

you will need to dose from day 1, cat litter has no nutrients but does have CEC ability, can store and slow release nutrients. Would be worth looking at adding something like root tabs or a cheaper option is osmacote under the kitty litter to help any heavy root feeders.

All my experience with plants is buy the best you can afford. Dont be to scared by tropica prices as a pot of say crypts will split into 8-15 plants, where as on cheaper sites you pay by the plant and IMO they tend to struggle to start with as root structures are poor (if any) which isnt what you want in a new tank. The healthier and more mature the plants from the off the less chance of problems. And plant heavy!!

easerthegeezer said:
you will need to dose from day 1, cat litter has no nutrients but does have CEC ability, can store and slow release nutrients. Would be worth looking at adding something like root tabs or a cheaper option is osmacote under the kitty litter to help any heavy root feeders.

All my experience with plants is buy the best you can afford. Dont be to scared by tropica prices as a pot of say crypts will split into 8-15 plants, where as on cheaper sites you pay by the plant and IMO they tend to struggle to start with as root structures are poor (if any) which isnt what you want in a new tank. The healthier and more mature the plants from the off the less chance of problems. And plant heavy!!

Welcome to ukaps ste, I'm looking forward to seeing how you go with setting your tank up and will be following this your journal.

The guys have already given sound advice and like eazer just said, don't be afraid to spend that little bit extra on tropica or aquafleur as you get more for your money.
If you go for crypts etc too, tnc root tabs are excellent and last a while. Identical to the tropica ones. Now I dose ei but found that sticking a few of these under the big root feeders helped greatly.
Good luck mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easerthegeezer thanks for that
i was told to buy from plants alive
where do i buy tropica plants from?
thanks

Alastair said:
easerthegeezer said:

Welcome to ukaps ste, I'm looking forward to seeing how you go with setting your tank up and will be following this your journal.

The guys have already given sound advice and like eazer just said, don't be afraid to spend that little bit extra on tropica or aquafleur as you get more for your money.
If you go for crypts etc too, tnc root tabs are excellent and last a while. Identical to the tropica ones. Now I dose ei but found that sticking a few of these under the big root feeders helped greatly.
Good luck mate

thanks yea i think i will put some root tabs in
will the tnc complete fert do as an all in 1 aswell?

ste_v5 said:
Alastair said:
easerthegeezer said:

Good luck mate

thanks yea i think i will put some root tabs in
will the tnc complete fert do as an all in 1 aswell?

Absolutely mate yes.

Back