• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HI

Karl Roberts

Seedling
Hi all I'm new to the forum as of today. Looking to set up a planted fluval Roma 90. And will prob need some help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Karl

I have the Roma 90, don't use the original lights though.
If I started again from scratch knowing what I know now then I would try the original lights and stick with easy plants like anubus, java fern to make use of the Roma's height and crpyts then work my way up from there.

You will get lots of friendly, knowledgeable help here whatever you decide to do.

Hello Karl

I have the Roma 90, don't use the original lights though.
If I started again from scratch knowing what I know now then I would try the original lights and stick with easy plants like anubus, java fern to make use of the Roma's height and crpyts then work my way up from there.

You will get lots of friendly, knowledgeable help here whatever you decide to do.

What light have used then or would surgest

Hi Karl

I tried a twin T5HO that was way to bright, I had to raise it quite high and didnt like the light spill into the room though I did like the colours it produced in the tank over the LED I now have, 2 Aquaray mini 400 LED tiles on a controller each running at only 35%.

This is how it looks although the planting/layout has changed now.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/tmc-mini-400-led-tile.29829/

As before you could jump in with both feet and splash out on LED bars etc or maybe retrofit T5's into the Roma or go slowly and see what can be achieved with the T8's, others might be able to advise in the lighting section.

Last edited:
Hi Karl

I tried a twin T5HO that was way to bright, I had to raise it quite high and didnt like the light spill into the room though I did like the colours it produced in the tank over the LED I now have, 2 Aquaray mini 400 LED tiles on a controller each running at only 35%.

This is how it looks although the planting/layout has changed now.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/tmc-mini-400-led-tile.29829/

As before you could jump in with both feet and splash out on LED bars etc or maybe retrofit T5's into the Roma or go slowly and see what can be achieved with the T8's, others might be able to advise in the lighting section.

Hmm was just wanting to stick with t8s to be gin with I was going to do a jurnal but it won't let me

Back