• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HOB for 40L tank

Jaap

Will a hang on back filter be sufficient for a 40L tank? It will be a high tech one.

Thanks

Any suggested one...one that is x10 I mean....a minimum of 400 l/h

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

yes im not aware of any reasons why a hob wouldn't be as effective as any other filter if you get one that can take a good range of media :)

Will it have as good of a distribution as an external one?

Will it have as good of a distribution as an external one?

Hi
The largest eheim liberty 2042 will be your best option. Super silent and very good flow all around. I used one on a 100ltr and it was fine

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Will the waterfall effect difusse all my co2 away?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Does an HOB ensure good distribution at substrate level? I mean will I be able to grow HC in a 45cm L x 30cm W x 30cm H tank?

Dear Jaap, I used to have a similar-sized tank with an Eheim Liberty HOB (the larger one). When I converted to a high-tech setup, I found that I had more algae problems and suspect that the breaking of the water surface was diffusing my CO2 out. I'm using my CO2 on a 120L tank with canister filtration now and I don't have to refill the CO2 as often as I did with the HOB filtered tank. And I don't mean to be discouraging but I personally was not able to grow HC with that setup. Hope my experience is helpful for your planning!

Back